16th Applied Stochastic Models and Data Analysis International Conference (ASMDA) 30 June - 4 July 2015 Piraeus, Greece
16th Applied Stochastic Models and Data Analysis International Conference (ASMDA) 30 June – 4 July 2015 Piraeus, Greece
The 16th ASMDA conference will focus on new trends in theory, applications and software of Applied Stochastic Models and Data Analysis. In this conference we will celebrate the 34 years from the first ASMDA organized in Brussels (1981).
The ASMDA 2015 will be held in Piraeus, Greece, from the 30th of June to the 4th of July, 2015. ASMDA 2015 is organized by the ASMDA International Society and the Department of Statistics and Insurance Science of the University of Piraeus Greece. Piraeus is the main harbour of Greece, situated upon the Saronic Gulf, very close to Athens.
ASMDA main objective is to welcome papers, both theoretical or practical, presenting new techniques and methodologies in the broad area of stochastic modeling and data analysis. An objective is to use the methods proposed for solving real life problems by analyzing the relevant data. Also, the use of recent advances in different fields will be promoted such as for example, new optimization and statistical methods, data warehouse, data mining and knowledge systems, computing-aided decision supports and neural computing.
Particular interest will be given to interesting applications in engineering, productions and services (maintenance, reliability, planning and control, quality control, finance, insurance, management and administration, inventory and logistics, marketing, environment, human resources, biotechnology, medicine).
The publications of the conference include:
1. The Book of Abstracts in Electronic and in Paper form
2. Electronic Proceedings in CD and in the web in a permanent website
3. Publications in International Journals
4. Publications in edited Books
For the ASMDA Committee
Christos H Skiadas, ManLab, Technical University of Crete, Conference Co-Chair
Raimondo Manca, “La Sapienza” University, Rome
Sally McClean, University of Ulster
Mariano Valderrama, University of Granada
For the Local Organization
Sotiris Bersimis, Local Chair
Publications from ASMDA2015 Conference papers
We plan to continue the tradition from the previous conferences in the field of stochastic modeling and data analysis which we have organized and to include the best papers in Special Issues of Scientific Journals or in Books.
Publications in Books from Previous Conferences which we have organized on Stochastic Modeling and Data Analysis.
1. Janssen, J. and Skiadas, C. H. (Eds): Applied Stochastic Models and Data Analysis, Vol. I and II, World Scientific, 1993, 1139 pages.
2. Janssen, J., Skiadas, C. H. and Zopounidis, C. (Eds): Advances in Stochastic Modelling and Data Analysis, Kluwer, 1995 (now at Springer).
3. Skiadas, C. H. (Ed): Recent Advances in Stochastic Modeling and Data Analysis, World Scientific, 2007.
4. Skiadas, C. H. (Ed): Advances in Data Analysis: Theory and Applications to Reliability and Inference, Data Mining, Bioinformatics, Lifetime Data, and Neural Networks, Springer/Birkhauser, Boston (2010).
5. J. Bozeman, V. Girardin and C. H. Skiadas (Eds): New Perspectives on Stochastic Modeling and Data Analysis, (book devoted to ASMDA2013, ISAST 2014).
Special Issues in Scientific Journals:
- Special Issue of Applied Stochastic Models and Data Analysis, vol. 11, No 1, Wiley 1995, devoted to 6th ASMDA1993 (C. H. Skiadas, Guest-Editor).
- Special Issue of Methodology and Computing in Applied Probability (MCAP), Springer devoted to 12th ASMDA2007 (C. H. Skiadas, Guest-Editor).
- Special Issue of Communications in Statistics-Theory and Methods, Volume 39 Issue 3, 2010 Taylor & Francis devoted to 12th ASMDA2007 (C. H. Skiadas, Guest-Editor).
- Special Issue of Communications in Statistics-Theory and Methods, Volume 40 Issue 16, 2011 Taylor & Francis devoted to 13th ASMDA2009 (G. Saporta and C. H. Skiadas, Guest-Editors).
- Special Issue of Methodology and Computing in Applied Probability (MCAP), Springer devoted to 13th ASMDA2009 (R. Manca, C. H. Skiadas and M. Valderrama, Guest-Editors, forthcoming).
6. Special Issue of Communications in Statistics-Theory and Methods, Taylor & Francis devoted to SMTDA2010 (C. H. Skiadas, Guest-Editor).
7. Special Issue of Methodology and Computing in Applied Probability (MCAP), Springer devoted to 14th ASMDA2011 (V. S. Barbu and C. H. Skiadas, Guest-Editors).
8. Special Issue of Methodology and Computing in Applied Probability (MCAP), Springer devoted to 15th ASMDA2013 (C. H. Skiadas, M. Valderrama and V. Zaiats Guest-Editors).
9. Special Issue of Communications in Statistics, Theory and Methods, Taylor & Francis devoted to ASMDA2013 (R. Manca, S. McClean and G. D'Amico, Guest-Editors).
The general topics and the special sessions proposed for the Conference include but are not limited to:
- Mathematical Statistics,
- Statistical Inference,
- Poisson, Markov, semi-Markov processes,
- Point processes,
- Martingales, Stochastic calculus,
- Random evolutions,
- Decision and Controlled Processes,
- Diffusion and Poisson approximations,
- Asymptotic models and Weak Convergences,
- Statistical inference for Stochastic processes ,
- Hidden Markov and semi-Markov processes,
- Fitting models for data,
- Reliability and survival analysis,
- Bayesian inference,
- Functional data analysis,
- Discriminant and Regression Analysis,
- Mixture model and Probabilistic approach to Clustering,
- Analysis of complex data (incomplete, censored, missing, spatio-temporal, imprecise, fuzzy,...),
- Theories of uncertainty,
- Graphical models and Bayesian networks,
- Multidimensional Scaling and Multi-way Data Analysis,
- Sensory Analysis,
- Classification and Documentation,
- Data and Text Mining,
- Chaotic and Stochastic processes,
- Analysis of Chaotic processes.
Special techniques and algorithms:
- Neural Networks,
- Genetic and Fuzzy Algorithms,
- Support Vector Machine,
- Monte Carlo Methods,
- Chaotic Simulation.
The Conference includes five types of presentations
- Key Note Speakers on the main topics of the Symposium selected by the Scientific Program Committee;
- Contributed papers proposed by authors;
- Poster presentations;
- Special Sessions proposed;
- Workshops proposed